Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Woodstock Inn Autumn Ale Brew 4.4% ABV

I have no idea. I figured I'd give it a go. It has a spooky label. And we just plowed through a case of Pumpkinhead so I thought it would be good to take a little reprieve.

Then I get it home in my fridge, and there under refrigerated illumination I notice this is...a malt beverage? How did this little nugget of information elude me at Gary's Discount Beverage this afternoon? And then I see it - deceptively advertised I might add - Autumn Ale Brew. Malt Beverage with Natural Flavor Added. Oh.

I don't know exactly what this is. It's kind of like a flat, malty Pumpkinhead. Allegedly it has some apple flavor. It's not awful, it's just not what I expected. I was hoping for something beer-y-er. This really isn't. Who am I kidding. I'm just disappointed that I couldn't find any Halloween Ale, which is what I really wanted. This is worth trying I guess. And at 4.4%, you'll be full of wisdom after two bottles. -cp

No comments: