Monday, April 26, 2010

Peak Organic Maple Oat Ale 5.2%

Enough with you, Peak. I've had enough of your shit. You screwed me once with your insolent Pomegranate Ale. And for whatever reason, I went back to the well, throwing in a different bucket and expecting a different result.

I am hopelessly stupid to have given you another chance. Maple Oat has one or two good sips in it; the first ones. After that, this beer summons the forces of awfulness to bring forth, slowly, what will become an intolerable sweetness in half a pint's time. By the end of the glass, I am literally making bitter beer face-like contortions that a passerby would mistake for pepper spray-induced asphyxiation, evocative of the erratic, involuntary mimetic muscular response observed when a newborn is slipped a thimble of Genesee to chase the evening nutrition. Screw you Peak.

1 comment:

Jim said...

Peak Pomegranate is one of the few beers I've actually poured down the drain (and I drank a Bud Light Clamato)! Don't write Peak off entirely though. Their regular line-up doesn't impress me much, but I've had some of their one-off special beers, like the Ruckus double IPA, that were really good. Too bad they don't bottle any of them...