Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Cape Ann Brewing Company Fisherman's Pumpkin Stout 7.0% ABV

Discovered on offer at the Great Brewers Grand Prix of Gloucester, the annual North Shore cyclocross tradition, Cape Ann's foray into autumn medicine is a delight.  Subtly flavored, peculiarly headless, and lacking the punch and sweetness its ABV may insinuate, pumpkin stout has a place in the fridge from hereon in.  Find it wherever beer is sold in Massachusetts, before they tax it into oblivion to subsidize some highway project gone awry.

3 comments:

Qrash said...

Stouts make heavy use of roasted malts and the process of roasting expresses natural oils in the malt. Oil inhibits the formation of head on yer beer. They should play up this concept of a headless pumpkin legend of sleepy hollow thing.

cp said...

I was planning to pen a tie-in to that very headless idea, but then I really just didn't want to be at work anymore because I hate it there so I didn't write anymore and I left.

JR said...

I dunno Qrash. I kind of like good head.