Sunday, October 27, 2013

Another One - Maine Beer Co. 7.0% ABV

One of my good buddies secured a bottle of 'Another One' for me today for review.  I poured it into an old timey Pilsner glass, which turned out to be appropriate, given the pale, straw color and fluffy head, no doubt partly due to the cara-pils malt.

Citra hops announced themselves on the nose and first sips.  Crisp and delicious, almost tart like a dry cider, its drinkability and paleness belies the higher alcohol content.  For shits and giggles I decided to pair it with a fine cigar (Tatuaje Jason, if you're interested) and it holds up well.

I'm a big fan of Citra hops, I'm not exactly sure when they became popular because I've been out of the American beer game for awhile.  It seems like all the crafties are getting into them hard these days, though.

I will be sure to seek out some more offerings from MBC in future.

No comments: