Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Reunited and it feels so......ugh


JW Dundee's Original Honey Brown
4.5% ABV 10 IBU

The last time JW Dundee's Honey Brown passed by my lips it was going the wrong way and was likely accompanied by UNH dining hall chow. That was 11 years ago. To us, reaching for a bottle of this was reaching for the top shelf of affordable micro brews. It was our secret handshake into the arcane world of the beer snob. Ok, maybe it was just me that thought that, what the hell did I know, as long as it filled the beirut cups I was happy.

Drinking this coppery lager tonight takes me back to my early college days. Honestly though, it reminds me most of that dull nausea that portends imminent hurl. Of course, that's a fair sampling of how I went through my freshman year feeling.

I really don't know what else to say about this beer. It's not horrible, but I think I'll let another 11 years pass before I try it again. I could probably use some boozy memories of my youthful indiscretions by then anyway.

No comments: