Sunday, October 28, 2007

Smuttynose IPA ~5.5? ABV 65 IBU



This is a great beer. I remember a number of years ago when they were first working on it at the Portsmouth Brewery brew pub. It was so hoppy you could smell it before the waitress put the beer on the table. This is a pretty strong beer, I think it's at least 5.5, but I couldn't verify this on their website. In addition to being strong, it's also very drinkable, which is a deadly combination. I've been shot down by many a brewery waitress thanks to the sloppy mess into which this concoction transforms me. As a result it has cost me a quid or two in compensatory tips for their exceptional handling of my drunkenly amorous advances. The brewpub in downtown Portsmouth usually has it on cask, which is a real treat. I recommend this beer, just watch the intake.

No comments: